I’ve seen Tim use this technique many times on his blog but I’ve only tried it once when I made one of the 12 Tags of Christmas in 2010. I loved how that turned out! I’ve been hoarding packaging ever since including the backer cards for Tim’s products.
So here’s what I started out with. For my tag I used the backer card from an Idea-ology package and I also used some sheets of plastic packaging.
And here’s what I ended up with!
I really wanted to use the new LaLaLand Eiffel Tower die that I just got so I went with a Parisian themed tag. The background paper is from the Crowded Attic paper stash with Distress Ink Walnut Stain applied to the edges. The Eiffel Tower was cut from a piece of laserjet copy paper covered with foil tape. (This is a thin die so it only cuts basic paper, nothing too thick.) I colored it with Adirondack alcohol ink in ginger and glued it to the tag with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi-Medium. The stamps are from Stampers Anonymous and Stampa Rosa. The charm is an Idea-ology Fragment charm.
The flowers are Tim’s Alterations Tattered Flowers movers and shapers set and the Sizzix Daisy mover and shaper die. The leaf is from the Alterations Leaf and Branch movers and shapers set. I used Adirondack alcohol inks in wild plum, purple twilight, watermelon, salmon, and sunset orange, lettuce, citrus and meadow. The flowers are secured to the tag with a gemstone brad. The leaves were attached with Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents.
I had fun with this one and I hope you like it, too. Thanks for looking!