Monday, April 23, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - April

Hello Again!  Here is my April entry for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012.

I don't have any Reflections stamps so I covered my tag with Idea-ology Terminology Tissue Wrap.  I ran the tag through the Vagabond using the Texture Fades Fancy & Floral Frames.  Then I coated the tag with Picket Fence Distress Stain to obscure some of the print.  This pretty closely resembled Tim's tag background which he did by embossing the tag with the stamped texture fades folder.  I added the tag color using Distress Ink and an ink blender.  I don't have the Sizzix Alterations Bird Branch die....yet... ;).  So I improvised and used the On the Edge Twigs die and trimmed it to make it look like a branch.  For the bird I used the Sizzix Movers and Shapers Mini Bird.  Both were cut from grungeboard and then colored with Distress Inks.  To finish it off I added a crown and word bubble and a little bling at the top!



All in all I was pleased with the result and proved to myself that I don't have to run out and purchase the supplies used to exactly duplicate the tag that Tim made.  But I will eventually get that Bird Branch die!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment