Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hello Again!

I hope that all is well with all of you!  It's been a long time since I've posted.  Time just seems to slip away and I haven't quite figured out where it goes yet!  I did a much needed clean-out of  my craft room.  Donated bags and bags of goods and supplies to schools/churches and I still have way too much stuff.  But, like everything else, it's a work in progress.  I'm also doing a little remodeling...not built-in (I wish!)...but my brother-in-law helped me put together a new work table and I'm adding some bookcases from Ikea for storage.  I'll share photos once it all comes together but right now things are scattered about the room and the house.

In the midst of it all I managed to create this Apothecary Tag Book which I'll be teaching this Saturday, October 12, from 10am-2pm at Whim So Doodle in St. Petersburg, FL.


 




We'll be using some of the new Tim Holtz Halloween stamp sets including The Chemist and the new Halloween Blueprints.  The tags will cover techniques from both of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities books.  I believe there are still a few spots left in the class so if you live in the area I'd love to meet you!

Wish me luck as this is my first foray into teaching and I'm getting a little nervous about the whole thing.  As long as everyone has fun and learns something I'll consider it a success!!

9 comments:

  1. Great to see you Donna! This book and inserts looks fantastic and those skulls on the binder are brilliant! I'm sure your class will love it all. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and I am sure it will be loved xx hugs x
    Still playing catch up and yet never getting caught up ....so this is just to say hello , have been looking at your lovely pieces and hope to get back to my normal comment levels soon, I know , I know I keep saying it :( but I do have the very best intentions! hugs Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish you luck but I bet you don't need it and you will have a wonderful time! Love your gorgeous tag book - you have used my favourite set of Tim's stamps ever... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen your craft room re-do and it looks fabulous. I've also seen the tag book in real life and the pictures do not do it justice. And I WILL be in class on Saturday! I can't wait to see you. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back in Blogville! Love your book, and so will your students! The tags are fabulous too! Bravo on the teaching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this, absolutely wonderful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous! I LOVE the skeleton heads on the binding - and all of the details just sing. Good luck with your class, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Donna. You've made each tag so special. Looks like your class was really successful and great fun too. Well done you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete