Friday, September 21, 2012

Holiday Configurations

I just completed my first Whim So Doodle design team project!  They liked my Configurations Crypt so I was asked to create a Christmas-themed Configurations box using the 6.75 x 8.75 box, Woodland Trees and the Mini Lantern, all from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology line.  Here's what I came up with...




I removed all of the small boxes from the upper two-thirds of the Configurations box so that I could create the woodland scene.  I covered the lid, the inside boxes and back of the box using paper from the Idea-ology Seasonal Paper Stash.  I positioned the background paper, from the Idea-ology Seasonal stash, so that Santa's face would be visible.  Unfortunately, by the time I added everything else he became a little obscured.  It still works though!  I sealed all of the edges using Symphony tissue tape and then distressed the box using Distress Ink in Iced Spruce, Broken China and Walnut Stain.

For the background snowflakes, I embossed a piece of plastic packaging with the TH Alterations Snowflurries Texture Fade.  I cut out the snowflakes and applied Ranger Stardust Stickles.  Then I glued the snowflakes inside the upper section of the box using Ranger Crystal Accents.  The header was also embossed on a piece of plastic packaging using the snowflake border from the TH Alterations Christmas Backgrounds Texture Fades. After embossing I cut out the design and decorated it with Stardust Stickles.  I attached the header to the inside of the box lid.

I dyed the Woodland tree, and wreath, using a combination of Distress Iced Spruce and Broken China reinkers. Then I added glitter snowtex to the tree.  The owl is a find from Michael's.  I die-cut the branch, as well as the background tree, using the TH Alterations Branch Tree.  I wired the branch through the side of the box base.  (This was done only after I realized that a blob of silicone wouldn't hold up for very long!)  I cut the snowbank, behind the reindeer, from a Grungeboard scrap that already had the snowflakes embossed on it. (Always save your scraps!)  I painted it with a Ranger Adirondack Paint Dabber in White and then applied Distress Ink in Broken China, Iced Spruce, and Walnut Stain.  I die-cut the reindeer from Grungeboard using the TH Alternations Mini Reindeer, painted it with an Adirondack Paint Dabber in Hazelnut and distressed it with Walnut Distress Ink.  The white accents were added using a white Sharpie paint pen.

The Mini Lantern is suspended from the top of the base box using an Idea-ology Screw Eye.  I cut a small opening in the back of the box for the cord and I added an elastic toggle at the bottom of the back of the box to hold the battery compartment.  The elastic toggle is hidden in the front by the "25" Grungeblock!


I filled the Corked Vial with blue glass glitter.  Behind that is a small heart ornament from my personal stash.  The "25" is an Idea-ology Grungeblock.  I used an Adirondack Paint Dabber in Cloudy Blue for the background.  I coated the numbers with Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Sterling.  The wreath is decorated with a Grungepaper bow, from the TH Alterations Movers and Shapers Mini Bunny and Bow, and decorated with some pearls.  The bow was painted with an Adirondack Paint Dabber in Red Pepper.  The cardinal is from Michael's.

The final touches were the Christmas Adornments Wreath behind a Curio Knob, the Christmas Adornments Snowflake at the top, the "Believe" Philosophy tag and the Foundations box feet!

I'm entering this in Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: Tape It Up for including Idea-ology Tissue Tape.

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go make something!

5 comments:

  1. WOZERS Donna!! This is truely amazing!! I could stare at it for hours and see more and more in the fine details!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I love your Christmas configuration box! The tape around the edges looks fantastic! Love Tim's new little lantern hanging amongst all of your other die cut goodies! Such a cute scene and wonderful project! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely rocking hohoho AWESOME!!! Love the elements you added and the owl is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, Thanks so much for becoming one of my followers. Your creations truly are stunning! I laughed at the part about you "I have more hobby supplies than I can possibly use in my lifetime and I keep buying more!". I can so so so identify with that! Hope you are having a super day, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete