Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Party in a Card!

Long time no post!!  If I didn't have a day job I could post much more frequently.  But then how would I buy all of the cool stuff that I NEED!  Today I have a birthday card that I gave to my good friend Carol.  I like to think of it as a Party in a Card!!

I started with a gatefold card. The front is decorated with a scallop square and the words Happy Birthday.



 Inside I added a center platform for the pop-up and added Make a Wish.


When you pull down the platform the party hat, gift and sentiment pop-up in addition to the banner across the top. And no party would be complete without balloons! I used the Sizzix Bigz Zig-zag 3-D pop-up die on top to hold up the banner. I cut the die shape in half and glued the pieces to each side of the card. The banner was created with the Framelits Banners die sets and the Stamps of Life Banners4all stamp set. On the platform I used the Sizzix Bigz Scallop Circle 3-D pop-up die. For the finishing touch I "stickled it up"!  Because Stickles make everything better in my book!




Hope you like it!  I have a couple of Christmas banners to post as soon as I take the pics.  Yes, I know that Christmas is over with but I didn't have the time to finish them until Christmas was over with!  Hey, that just means I'm ahead of the game for this year!  Happy New Year to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This is BRILLIANT! I love the way you used the Zig Zag to suspend the banners. So smart!!!! I am Pop-up Spotting you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and thanks for the post. I love pop-ups so much and am a big fan... I am going to try this right away.

    ReplyDelete